Third Party Cookies:
These are cookies set on your device by external websites whose services are used on this site.
Cloudflare’s Web Application Firewall (WAF) is used to protect our website from malicious attacks. Cloudflare may leave a cookie on your device to identify that you are a safe user, therefor are not challenged to prove this when browsing our site. You can read more about the Cloudflare cfduid cookie here.
In addition to the third party cookie mentioned above, Google will also store cookies on your device to enable Google Analytics to function as intended.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy regarding its analytics service here.
AdWords is an online advertising platform by Google which allows Upvc Spares 4 Repairs to run Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising. These adverts can be targeted at customers Google perceive are interested in our products. We have tags for this setup on our website to allow us to track how effective the campaign has been and to remarket to customers who have browsed our website in the past. This means you might see adverts for our products on other websites you browse, which show Google Adverts.
The information you provide on our contact forms will only ever be used for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. Information entered on the contact form will arrive on our network as an email for the appropriate member of staff to deal with. All members of staff with access to the computer systems at Upvc Spares 4 Repairs are trained on how to deal with customers data.
Embedded content from other websites :
Some of our articles may include embedded content, for example videos from YouTube. Embedded content from other websites such as YouTube behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited that particular website.
We do believe customers should understand how they can both control and delete cookies from their device, it never hurts to clear your cookies and temporary internet files every so often. About Cookies (aboutcookies.org) is a website that has been setup to educate people on how to control and delete cookies stored on their web browser. We would recommend having a read to better understand how you can gain more control over cookies and temporary internet files.
Upvc Spares 4 Repairs is a trading arm of Gardinia Windows (Kirklees) Ltd, 3 Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD1 6DD. All trading transactions are administered as such by either organisation but in effect are one and the same. For this document both organisations will be referred to as Upvc Spares 4 Repairs. To enable our business to perform we will require some of our personnel access to customer data. These persons will be noted as authorised people who have agreed, understand and signed the companies safe working and acceptable practice policy.
We agree to conform to the regulations as set out in the GDPR as follows:
- Upvc Spares 4 Repairs will never pass any of your personal details onto any other company for marketing purposes or monetary gain.
- We will need to pass to our chosen shipping couriers for delivery, your name, shipping address, email address and contact number given by you at time of placing an order with us. No other details will be provided to them.
- We may email or post to you updates and occasional special offers that we consider may be of interest to you. We will never contact you with any other service or products other than those sold by Upvc Spares 4 Repairs. You will always be given the option to opt out of our mailings.
- The only personal items of information we will hold are your email, IP address, telephone numbers and your name / addresses as entered on your order form. These are used and held for updating you with order progress, shipping details, proof of purchase & warranty references.
- We use Google Analytics to identify how users end up on our online store and to gain insights on how users flow though our site to completing an order. The retention period for data on Google Analytics that is associated with cookies, user identifiers, or advertising identifiers is set to 14 months, the minimum possible. Our Google Analytics data is linked to Google Adwords, meaning data gathered by Google Analytics could be used for targeted advertising in any future Google Adwords or remarketing campaigns we run.
- When placing an order on our site we use PCA Predict for address validation and data quality services, this ensures the address you enter matches the address on the postal file. Missing data such as your postcode if unknown can be determined as you type your address. This is required to allow your order to be accurately processed. In addition, shipping rates will be looked up via Shipper HQ based on the shipping address you provide, this is only used to offer accurate shipping prices based on the items you have added to your basket.
- We use Ekomi to allow our customers the option of submitting an independent shopping experience of Upvcspares4repairs. This is submitted to you by use of your email address used when placing an order with us. This is the only information they will be given, & we will never provide any transaction details with them.
- Purely for audit purposes we will retain copies of all transactions. No credit card or personal information is ever retained on our computer databases or in any other format.
- Before you are asked to enter credit or debit card details, you are transferred to a secure server operated by our card-handling provider. Your card details are then encrypted by your web browser before being sent. Therefore, we will never see your full card details. We will receive from the card handler confirmation of completed purchase payment status via email.
- These emails will be deleted from our email storage site when we have deemed the contract is completed and within 3 years from the invoice date.
- When placing an order with UPVC Spares 4 Repairs your data will pass though Cloudflares Content Distribution Network (CDN). Cloudflare are fully compliant with the GDPR.
- All information you provide will be encrypted before leaving your device and passing though the nearest Cloudflare server to the location you are placing your order from, arriving at our cloud servers provided by Digital Ocean and hosted in London, UK.
- Digital Ocean ensure all their services fully comply with the GDPR and its ordinances.
- Backups of all data required for our website to operate are made daily. Historical backups of this data which includes customer orders and accounts are kept. All backup data is encrypted and is only accessible by authorised personnel.
Payments & Accounts:
We will keep records of our payments to any persons / organisations in compliance with our HMRC obligations and for our own accounting purposes. This may be in the form of electronic data and paper records. This data will never be disclosed to external parties other than for audit, banking or our authorised personnel. We agree to keep this data secure and encrypted where possible, access is only ever available to authorised persons.