Upvc Window Sash Cavity Closing Wedge Draught Sealing 5 X Pairs
Upvc opening vent sash cavity closing wedges white & brown colour sold in bags of 10 & makes 5 x pairs. Pulls the sash and outer frame parts together on the hinge side of opening out windows and help prevent them bowing and creating draughts.
Buy More Save More!
- Order 3-5 save 5%
- Order 6-9 save 10%
- Order 10 and more save 15%
Savings automatically applied at basket !!
(Must be the same part, colour & size to qualify)
Upvc Window Sash Cavity Closing Wedge Draught Sealing Inserts Bags of 10 Makes 5 x Pairs In White & Brown Colours
- Colour: Brown, White
- Sold In: Bags of 10 = 5 x pairs
- 2 size variations (see technical drawing)
- Helps weather sealing and draughts
- Pulls both the opening sash vent and outer frame parts together tigthly onto the gasket seals
- Fits both top hung & side hung windows
These cavity closing wedges are made to help both the correct closing position of the hinge side of the push out casement window, and also in some cases where the window opener is not closing tightly onto the weather sealing gasket also aid it to do so. The wedges are shaped so that as the 2 opposing parts close together they tighten both the vent sash to the upvc outer frame.
Dependent on the profiles fitted and how close the 2 parts come together within the cavity once closed there may be need to adjust / create a packing shim under to pull the 2 parts together.
Fitting tip: Fit the first half of the wedge onto the opening sash into the euro-groove slot then magk the centre of this onto the edge of the sash so that you can transfer this to the outer frame to mark the fixing point for the 2nd half otf the opposing wedge. It is always worth checking that the 2 profiles are level and not bowed out of shape as this may cause the 2 parts to not locate correctly and actually increase the gap not close it.
Orders for stock items received by 1pm (Mon – Fri, excluding bank holidays and holiday shutdowns) will be dispatched the same day by Royal Mail or Carrier. We also do our best to despatch any orders received after 1pm on the same day also, we just can’t guarantee orders received after this time will be dispatched the same day. Orders received on a Friday may be delayed by the weekend for delivery.
We deliver across all countries, with estimated arrival times as follows:
- UK Mainland: from next day, up to five working days depending on chosen shipping method
- Scottish Highlands: 3-5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly: 3-5 working days
- Republic of Ireland: Varies
- Channel Islands: 3-5 working days
- Europe: from 3-5 working days, up to 2-3 weeks depending on distance from UK
- Rest of the World: 2-3 weeks
To see more detailed information and a full breakdown of our courier services we use, please click here.