Upvc Door Hinge Protector Dog Bolt Claw Anti Jemmy Part
Buy More Save More!
- Order 3-5 save 5%
- Order 6-9 save 10%
- Order 10 and more save 15%
Savings automatically applied at basket !!
(Must be the same part, colour & size to qualify)
Upvc Door Hinge Dog Bolt Claw Anti Jemmy Point Device.
Protects the hinge side of the door from attack with items such as a jemmy bar. If attacked the heavy duty metal lug is forced into the hardened nylon holder and prevents the hinge side of the door from coming away from the outer frame as the lug protrudes into the outer frame and through any steel reinforcing also.
Includes both the male and the female parts shown. Fixing screws are not included but can be purchased here. Sold as a single pair you will receive 1 x Male part & 1 x Female part
- First of all push the male part (the part with the lug bolt claw) into the euro-groove and work out roughly where it will hit the outer frame and therefore enter into the black nylon female part do not screw it on yet!
- We recommend that the female part is routed onto the outer frame and firmly secured first in place as once this is done it obviously cannot be moved.
- You will need to cut out a hole in the outer-frame work to suit the depth and width of the back-box. Dependant on the make of the profile there may well be steel reinforcing inside the upvc, if so this will need to be cut through and out using a drill and ideally a small bremel cutter or such like. The steel will only be 1.5mm thick so is not overly difficult to cut through with these tools. please wear goggles when working with cutting tools!
- Now You can then move the male claw bolt into the euro-groove and position it centrally into the female slot.
- Fix the female housing into the routed hole and screw in place
- Once you are happy with this you can fix the screws firmly into place.
The two parts should always pass easily through each other and not touch. The only time they will ever be forced together would be under attack.
The male part will fit into most euro-grooves as they are a standard size and will be a tight fit which you will have to firmly push in.